The Historic Matewan House Bed and Breakfast is nestled in the Mountains of West Virginia. Located in one of the most famous little towns in the state. Historic Matewan were history meets adventure.
Come and enjoy our spacious, comfortable rooms. Be treated to a country style breakfast each morning from 8 am - 10 am. Relax and regroup in our cozy sitting room.
Additional Reservation Information
Non refundable deposit equal to half of the total is required, if cancellation is made within week of reservation the deposit minus any cancellation fees may be transferred to a future stay within year of date.
Cancellation prior to 21 days of stay--$25 Dollar Cancellation fee remainder of deposit can be applied to future stay.
Cancellation prior to 7 days of stay--$100 Dollar Cancellation fee remainder of deposit can be applied to future stay.
Cancellation less than 7 days of stay-- Forfeit of Full Deposit
There is a two night minimum on weekends in the months of April thru November. Holidays of Memorial Day, Labor Day and Thanksgiving have a three night minimum.
Sorry No Pets Allowed and No Smoking inside rooms or building.
Local Attractions and Restaurants
- Devil Anse Trail Head of the Hatfield McCoy Trail System
- Appalachian Lost and Found Gift Shop
- Matewan Depot museum
- Mine Wars Museum
- Wingos (Barbeque restaurant)
- Mi Pueblito Mexican Restaurant
- Giovanni's pizza
- Matewan Flood Wall and walk path
- Tug Fork River (Great small mouth Bass fishing
Hatfield McCoy Feud Site Van Tours conducted by David and Ellen Hatfield are available upon request. Each tours starts around 9 am and usually last over 5 hours and covers the major feud sites. Each tour can accommodate up to 12 passengers in our tour van. $50 per adult, $25 for children 9 thru 18 and free for children 8 and under. Call to make arrangements 606-625-0688
- Shuttle Services for Kayakers
- Hot country style Breakfast including eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy and more.
- Snacks, pop, and water provided for around the house.
- Firewood for our back patio firepit.
- Wash-up and lock-up facilities for your ATVs.
- Laundry machines
- Wireless Internet are available.
- Also on request: Trail Lunches & Evening Suppers to order.-(Evening meals and lunches must be requested in advance at an additional cost.)
Hatfield & McCoy Room
Rail Road Room
Main Lounge and Dining Area
Upstairs Sitting Room
Ellen Hatfield 606-625-0688
Dave Hatfield 606-625-5092